Saturday, July 23, 2011

Welcome

I originally created this blog at the start of the year with the intention of documenting questions I have about life, the universe and everything. Like a true science student, I then intended to find the best possible answers from the Bible, scientific findings, philosophers, literature and scholars, as well as my own personal, and vicarious, experiences.

Writing a thesis, working and caring for family members, friends and my church gave me little time to spend on such pursuits, however my hope is that taking a year off from my studies will give me more time to spend on activities such as reading, writing, getting to know a wider variety of people, travelling, investigating topics of interest, and of course, cooking and playing music :)

Obviously, having such a long list of things I am passionate about will inevitably mean that I won't have time for it all. I'm becoming more aware of the fact that I will probably always feel like i'm putting something off, or missing something or someone I love. But my hope is that as long as i'm doing something that I have a deep interest in that somehow serves others as well as myself, and as long as the person i'm missing isn't God, I should be satisfied with life, no matter how many additional things i'm missing out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment